Since its founding in 1961, Jaco Electronics, Inc. has grown to become a leading manufacturer and supplier of Flat Panel Displays and Embedded Systems. Jaco offers state of the art, standard and custom solutions to an array of customers and markets worldwide. Flat Panel Displays are an exciting technology with new applications being generated daily. This 50-year-old company has immediate openings for highly motivated individuals that desire an excellent opportunity to participate in the explosive growth of a dynamic and exciting field.
Responsible for formulating, documenting, implementing and assuring division quality program policies, plans, standards and requirements meeting all company and customer-defined quality objectives for the plant location. Plan and direct quality program policies and provide quality-oriented leadership in achieving plan objectives. Assure quality policies are disseminated to all functional organizations and are integrated in plant operations. Management Representative for Quality Systems. Expertise and experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 quality systems.
Scope/Supervision And Interaction
___ Has Direct Reports __X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports*
Works independently and, with minimum direction. Reports to the Director of Manufacturing and Quality. Interfaces routinely with all plant company functions including engineering, manufacturing, sales/marketing along with customer and suppliers.
• Document and implement a quality assurance program based on company policies, applicable government regulations and customer quality requirements. Formulate the quality program policies, plans and standards necessary to attain company objectives and meet contractual requirements at a minimum quality cost.
• Assure quality requirements are adequately defined at all functional levels to permit appropriate quality planning and verification of compliance to established requirements. Identify and develop new methods of quality management and systems.
• Review government and customer requirements to assure company quality practices and procedures are in compliance.
• Provide quality-oriented leadership in achieving plant quality objectives with adequate planning, organizing, integrating, measurement and analysis of plant quality performance. Conduct effective quality meetings on a regular basis providing for quality information exchange among functional departments.
• Analyze both internal and external quality failure data and trends and initiate appropriate action to reduce failures and eliminate adverse trends.
• Develop, implement and maintain an adequate quality plan for all purchased material, equipment, parts and processing. Perform and document supplier quality audits and assure that appropriate quality requirements are provided to suppliers. Integrate and monitor supplier quality performance within plant quality objectives.
• Provide quality technical assistance to all functional organization suppliers in resolving quality-related problems. Maintain the highest degree of customer service, including a focus on quality, cost reduction and people productivity.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
• Seven years related quality assurance experience preferably in an aerospace , medical, industrial manufacturing environment.
• Tact, diplomacy, effective oral and written communication skills required in working with government, customer and company personnel.
• Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player.
• Makes good business decisions.
• PC Literate
The company offers a generous compensation and benefits package. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company which is looking to infuse talented individuals to support the expected rapid growth of customized display opportunities across multiple market segments.